Thursday, February 7, 2013

Beauty Boudoir: Mini ELF and Neutrogena Haul



                It’s that time again, another haul! As you will soon see, I am in love with beauty products. It must be thanks to the fact that I was a tomboy as a kid and felt awkward dressing up. Nowadays, I love to wear makeup, especially on the weekends to liven up my look.

                On my way home from dinner with my boyfriend, we decided to stop at Target. I will admit that Target is my weakness. I love looking around each section, from clothing, to shoes, books, home items and makeup! I did pretty well until I got to the makeup section.

First, I looked at all of the new products and then stumbled upon the ELF products in the back. I love ELF makeup. They are very inexpensive and of good quality. I love the packaging. It kind of reminds me of NARS packaging (which I refuse to buy, too expensive). I got an ELF Eyebrow kit with a gel and a powder for your eyebrows. I have seen a lot about using products to fix your eyebrows. I got the medium kit, which may not work as I have a strawberry blonde hair color.  It comes with a mirror and double ended brush.

Next, I stumbled upon the ELF tone correcting powder. I have heard great things about it. I was a little confused as to why it had so many colors but it is meant to “brighten and neutralize the skin.” I have Rosacea, so I am always looking for ways to neutralize the redness on my skin. I am excited to give this a try. Check out the ELF website to purchase your products. They are super inexpensive and they always have coupons that you can find online.

Finally, I was able to find the Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick. To be honest, when I heard Neutrogena did makeup, I was a little apprehensive because they are known for the Neutrogena face lotion (or at least in my house growing up). However, I heard about this lip product from Emilynoel83 on YouTube and she referred to it as the “sweatpants of lipsticks.” It was a little odd of a statement, but I had to give it a try and I am so glad! Like many people, I am suffering from severe dryness on my lips due to the cold weather. I put on this lip product and it felt like butter; it is so smooth and comfortable. I think it is even better than the Revlon and Tarte products.  I really want to purchase more. I got it in the color Plum Perfect. It tastes fruity as well. All of the names have flavored names so I believe the flavor matches the name.  

                Have you purchased any new beauty products lately? I hope you give these products a try. You will not regret it!


               

No comments:

Post a Comment