Thursday, February 21, 2013

Lynn’s Library: Top 5 Books of All Time



                As I mentioned in my last Lynn’s Library post, I am an avid reader.  One thing I have a hard time with is keeping books. I am not a fan of clutter in my house, so I borrow books from the library and donate books when I finish using them. I also purchase books on my Kindle. Stay tuned for a later post on saving money with books. However, there are some books that I love so much I keep on my bookshelf or on my Kindle. The only books I have on my bookshelf in my apartment are books that I haven’t read and books that I love so much I would read again and again. Why waste space with books you just somewhat like?  Here are my top 5 books of all time:  

1.       Confessions of a Shopaholic  by Sophie Kinsella

There are two ways you can tell I am in love with Sophie Kinsella’s books. Number 1 I have kept all of her books. Number 2 my cat is named after her! I call my little monster “Sophie Kinsella” quite frequently, but her name is Sophie.  I am a huge Shopaholic. The way the character acts is the same way I get when I shop. It’s a problem, but I relate to the character. The character is funny, quirky and strong. I enjoy this series greatly.

2.       A Kiss in Time by Alex Finn

I first heard about Alex Finn because her book, Beastly, was turned into a movie. I thoroughly enjoyed this book as well, but my favorite written by her is A Kiss in Time. I enjoyed this book because it’s based on Sleeping Beauty, and the girl wakes up and has to adjust to life in the present. I found it very interesting and of course it had some romance as well. I hope the author continues to make books relating to fairy tales. 

3.       A Taste of Magic by Tracey Madison

There is something about books with food and romance that makes me happy. I enjoy the way the author talks about the character cooking with food and using magic. It also has romance as well as a sense of family. There is an entire series with four books. Again, I wish the author made more books in this series.  I am pretty sure I got the first book for free somewhere and then I had to purchase the rest on my kindle because I enjoyed them so much.

4.       The Indigo Spell  by Richelle Mead

This book just came out on February 12 and I read it cover to cover in a day! I just had to know what happens. I was not disappointed and am thrilled the new book will be out in November! Check out my previous blog post on Bloodlines and The Vampire Academy series.

5.       Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

Again check out my previous blog on Vampire Academy. I thoroughly enjoyed this series!

What are your top 5 books? What is your favorite all time book?  From these 5 books I would have a hard time deciding on my favorite. 


No comments:

Post a Comment