Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lynn's Library: Vampires Academy and Bloodlines



                I am an avid reader. As a child, I thoroughly enjoyed reading and then lost the love of reading throughout my teen years. I then fell in love with reading in my college years. I suffer from anxiety and have trouble sleeping, so reading before bed really helps me fall asleep. Try it out, it works. I love sitting with a nice cup of tea, a good book and my kitty Sophie on my evenings and weekends at home.

                I am in love with Vampires movies and books. You name it, I love it. Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Twilight, The House of Night Series, The Morganville Diaries and the Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series.  For some reason, this topic really appeals to me. It may be thanks to my love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in my teen years.  

                I found out about Vampire Academy from a few sources online and slowly fell in love with the series. The author, Richelle Mead, starts off each series with a background of characters and then goes deeper into the characters and their lives as you read each book. I don’t want to give away too much, but Vampire Academy is about two girls who are best friends who go through a series of teen and supernatural struggles. One of the major characters falls deeply in love in one of those impossible, forbidden romances. The author does an absolutely amazing job at making the reader fall in love as the characters are falling in love. 
Picture obtained from: http://www.averysbooknook.com/2010/12/top-5-sunday.html


                Bloodlines is a spin-off relating to some of the characters in the original series Vampire Academy.  Again, the author does an amazing job at making you fall in love as the characters do. I am impatiently waiting for the third book to come out on February 12th, titled The Indigo Spirit, and can’t wait to read it from cover to cover. Every time a highly anticipated book is released, I am so glad that I have my Kindle Fire (Stay tuned for more information about my love affair with my Kindle Fire). 
 
  Picture obtained from: http://www.paperdreams.scarlettmoon.org/wordpress/?p=1528



                Before I sign off for the post, I must confess that yes I read TEEN books!  I am confident in that fact because at least I am reading. It makes me so sad to see young children not have a desire to read. I used to think that if I didn’t read Pride and Prejudice or Moby Dick that I wasn’t smart. Those books just didn’t interest me. Slowly I have learned to gain confidence in myself and my ability to be me. If I can teach and motivate my blog readers anything, it would be to be yourself. When you read, you are becoming more educated. Your interests may change as your life changes and you grow, so I hope you get out there and read. It is time to jump off my soapbox, make a cup of tea, cuddle with the kitty and read a book as I wait impatiently for the newest Bloodlines book to be released.

                Do you know of any other amazing Vampire series? I love the books that have those impossible forbidden romances. Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment