Friday, March 8, 2013

Pet Perks: Meet Sophie



                Sophie is my little bundle of joy, my cat. She is six years old. I am an avid cat lover. I always joke that if I didn’t have my boyfriend I would be a crazy cat lady. I got Sophie pretty much as soon as I graduated from college and moved back home. I wanted a cat in college but couldn’t have one because I lived in the dorms in college. So I ended up waiting until I graduated college and then I was given a cat from my best friend’s boyfriend (now husband).

Sophie was living as an outdoor cat but I quickly changed that. I was living at my parents house for about 6 months and my parents had several cats. Sophie can often have trouble with other pets. To that end I have only had one pet during my 6 years on my own. However, I may consider getting a dog someday. 


                Sophie has been a joy to have in my life. It has been so nice to see her sitting in the window to greet me at the end of a long day, or to see her cuddle up at the end of the bed with me on the weekends. She loves to play and like most cats, will play with items that I don’t spend money on, rather than on toys that I purchase. I do not purchase toys for her anymore. She loves the sun and I often call her my sunflower. . She also likes to cuddle up with me in bed at the end of a long day.

                One of my biggest worries was that Sophie would not like my boyfriend. Unlike most cats, you can’t pet her. She will try and claw or bite you if she doesn’t know you. I don’t pet her unless she wants me to and comes up to me. I was worried my boyfriend wouldn’t adjust to her, but I have him feed her once a day and also take care of her. She truly does love him as much as she loves me.

                They really say that animals make you feel so much better. I always think that if I didn’t have my cat, I don’t think I would have been able to live on my own. When I lived alone it was nice to have her greet me when I got home. They say that having animals makes you live longer and this could not be truer. When I am having a bad day all I have to do is take some time to cuddle with my little monster. She makes it all better. Do you have a pet that you love? How do they make you feel better when your upset? 

No comments:

Post a Comment