Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Heavenly Home: Spring Cleaning Day 2: Office



                So while I wanted to enjoy my time off from work this week I wanted to reorganize parts of my apartment that needed a little TLC. I decided to devote my time to three areas of my apartment: my closet, my office and my bathroom. I conquered day 2 of my spring cleaning with the task of my office.
                My side of the office was not necessarily dirty but mainly cluttered and unorganized. For example, if I wanted to find a pair of scissors or my stapler I would have to look in several bins. I would not know where to find it. So I decided to reorganize and de-clutter my side of the office. I also decided to pare down the items next to my desk which are used for storage. Next to my desk I have two storage bins and a suitcase. The office is the only place that will hold these items comfortably (because our bikes fill up our storage closet). On top of all that I had four pillows that I use for winter and fall in our apartment and a few extra boxes and bins. I paired down those items and tried to make it look less cluttered. 

                Next, I tackled my desk. My desk does not sadly have drawers so I have to make use of what I have. I have a small three bin organizer that I use to hold my stapler, post its and note pads. Then I have my pen organizer (an old BBW candle covered in glitter) and a purse post it organizer and my high heel tape dispenser. That is it. While I love office décor items I wanted to keep the desk free of clutter so I could focus on my  tasks at hand.  I have a larger three drawer organizer under my desk that holds other items, like notepads and other necessities.
 Finally, I have a mail organizer that I use frequently to hold my items that need to be taken care of, bills to pay etc. I didn’t want it on my desk but I wanted it nearby. I decided to de-clutter the top of my bookshelf and put my pretty decorative books elsewhere. That way I could put my mail organizer there so I could access it while working at my desk when I pay bills and such.
This was a very small project for me. Because of that I decided to use this time to purchase more index cards to write to do lists and I also decided to make business cards for this blog. I am thoroughly enjoying the blog process and want to have cards to give to others so they can enjoy and experience my blog. While this was a small project for me, it motivated me to keep working on tasks around my house. My last step in my spring cleaning “series” is the bathroom. It should take me an hour or two, but I can’t wait to be done with the process!
Does organizing a part of your home make you feel motivated? What tasks are you working on around your home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment