Saturday, March 16, 2013

Lynn's Library: $16 Book Haul





Today has been one of those perfect Saturdays, you know those days, when you wake up and are ready to face the day. I put on one of my favorite outfits and headed out to a book sale that was being offered near me. I picked up my brother and we went on purchasing spree. I ended up getting 15 books for $16. Here is a list of my books and a note or two about them.

  •  Three Sisters Island Trilogy by Nora Roberts: This three book series is one of my favorites that I read as a teen. Sadly I did not keep the series but I remember reading the series and am looking forward to reading the books again and again.
  • The Girl Who Played with Fire Trilogy by Stieg Larson: This is a series that I have wanted to purchase for quite some time but didn’t want to shell out the cash for. So I was so happy to find it on sale at such a great price!
  • Message in a Bottle, The Guardian, A Bend in the Road, At First Sight and True Believer by Nicholas Sparks: I truly enjoy Nicholas Sparks books. I have read a number of his books turned into movies and have not been disappointed yet. My favorite would have to be Safe Haven. I keep some of them and donate the others when I am finished reading.
  • A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn: This is one of my favorite top 5 books. I love this book and wanted a copy and now I have a nice hardback to keep!
  • Kick the Clutter: I love organizing and these books always interest me so I’m excited to start reading it.
  • Small Spaces: A book on interior design, which is a passion of mine. Can’t wait to read.
  • In Style Getting Gorgeous: A little book about ways to take care of yourself and your body.


I was very happy with my purchases! I went a little crazy with Nicholas Sparks’s books, but I love the author so I wanted to get as many as I could. I wish I could have gotten more young adult novels, sadly the crowds were too hard to deal with that I didn’t have time or space to select books. 


On another note my brother left the book sale happy as well. He only spent $5.50 for 7 science fiction books! As I close this post I am looking forward to putting away my books on my bookshelf (stay tuned for a bookshelf tour) and spending the day with the windows open being productive around the house. Maybe I will take some time for a bike ride later on! Another successful day in the making if I say so!

What books have you read or purchased lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment